Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Top 5 Shows That I Miss

I will admit in high school I did not watch a whole lot of TV. It wasn't until I moved to Denmark and had months of nothing to do while I waited for paper work and school to start that I really started watching TV series. Now, being in Denmark I didn't really have easy access to a lot of the American TV shows, but I managed to find old episodes online.

Now I am a TV series junkie, and will watch almost anything, but I have my favorites (save those for another week). However, there are a few series that are no longer playing... that I miss. Here are 5 in no particular order:

One Tree Hill

Image Source: Wikipedia
This was probably one of the first series I started watching in Denmark. And I fell in love with it right away. I think I probably watched the first 3 seasons within a few days. I even continued to watch when they made the jump from high school to adulthood, which they managed to do okay with. I was very sad to have it end.

The Tudors

Image Source: Wikipedia
Another one of my favorites and ones that I watched early on in Denmark. I loved this show so much that I made sure to have episodes of it on my laptop for when I was in the hospital in labor with my first. The show did run its course though.. but I would LOVE for them to do the story of Elizabeth.

Firefly

Image Source: Wikipedia
Not my usual genre, but my husband got me into this one. I really think it is Nathan Fillion's charm. This is one series that ended way too soon!

Merlin

Image Source: Wikipedia
This one is more recent. I loved this show. It was actually one of my favorites playing at the moment. I had no clue it was ending until I watched the last episode. I was devastated! I cried. I am really not sure what will fill magical/historical TV needs at the moment (okay Game of Thrones has helped a bit).

Veronica Mars

Image Source: Wikipedia
I couldn't leave this one off the list. This was one of those TV shows that I had heard about, but didn't think it was something I would enjoy. Wrong. This was such a fun series, it was pretty sad when it ended. However I am super excited about the movie that will be made due to their kickstarter project! If I could, I would donate just to get a digital copy of the movie.

So there is my 5 list for this week, but honestly there are a lot more series missing from this list! What are yours?





4 comments:

  1. One of my dads friends got us into Firefly, and we loved it soo much!
    We were so sad to see it go after only one season! Did you know that there is also a Firefly movie called Serenity?

    On another note, me and my two sisters are currently going crazy watching Merlin on Netflix! We just started the 3rd season, its so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do and have seen the movie :D

    Enjoy Merlin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you heard about the possibility of the veronica mars movie????? I am so excited.

    Thank you so much for stopping by harley and jane :) Followed you back Via bloglovin'

    Best,
    Harley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so with you on this...Alot of shows I miss too.
    Men in Trees
    Sex in the City
    Saving Grace

    Just to name a few...thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete