Monday, January 28, 2013

Road Trip

On Thursday we are embarking on a road trip to London.. with 2 toddlers and a 4 month old... I think we are bit crazy to be honest.

In some ways I am dreading the drive. Normally, without stops it is about a 15 hour drive. We three small kids we breaking it down into two days. Manageable right? I hope so. I am praying that we don't encounter too much fighting. Julius likes to pester Elisabeth, which results in screaming. Elisabeth is also not too fond of her car seat... which results in screaming. If I have to listen to constant screaming I am going to go a bit nutty!

But we have a plan. Endless movies for the kids. Perhaps not the healthiest thing for them, but then again sitting in a car for 10 hours probably isn't healthy either. We of course will make stops along the way. I will have to feed Olivia after all, but we are hoping that they are just quick stops. I would rather get to the hotel quickly then drag the day out longer.

In other ways I am looking forward to it. It all goes to plan (it rarely does with 3 under 3) the kids will zone out on cartoons and we will have a somewhat relaxing day. I can crochet a bunch of things for the photogragphy business.. relax... maybe read a bit. I can dream right?

It's going to be a busy week. Thursday we are driving through Denmark and Germany. Friday we will hit The Netherlands, Belgium, France and then arrive in England by ferry. We are then in London until the 5th, then we drive home again.

It's been a while since we have gone on a trip. I am excited to see some new sights. I have never been to London, and I really don't remember the scenery from the last time we drove to France. So it will all be new for me. That is exciting.

One thing that is on my mind is what to do for snacks. Do any of you have any good ideas for road trip snacks that are toddler friendly?



2 comments:

  1. Trips are to be fear with children, no doubt! But you have to LIVE and you have a PLAN! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’m a new follower of your blog from the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! Would love if you could stop by mine. Thanks :0)

    The Three Whiskateers
    http://thethreewhiskateers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete