Friday, January 25, 2013

Battle of the bath

(I know I know... I still haven't got my navigation bar and pages up yet....)

I always look forward to bath time. I know, strange right? But seriously, it is one of my favorite times with the kids. You see, we have made bath time kind of special. It is our one on one time with the kids.

We don't just sit there and watch, we get right in there with them and enjoy the time together. It is where I get the most cuddles out of my toddlers. We lay back, at the beginning and relax for a few minutes. I often get hugs. I wash the kids hair, then we usually play until the water starts getting cold.

It is the one thing about our apartment I am going to miss the most. Our new house only has a shower. Anyways I am getting of course here...

If you have toddlers, then you will know that once one thing starts going smooth, they throw a curve and mess the whole system up.

This is Julius right now. He declared war on bath time. He decided he wants nothing to do with it. In general we thought it was gonna be a momentary thing and we didn't push. But after a few days and one stinky little toddler boy I dragged him kicking and screaming into the bathroom, stripped him down and got into the bath with him. He kicked. He punched. I some how managed without and bruises. He screamed bloody murder (what our neighbors must think...). It was such an event, and he was already tired and cranky, he promptly fell asleep in my arms. All that fighting wore him out. Huge bath failure.. I couldn't even wash his hair.

The next time, same scenario but without the tired boy. There were bruises that time. And I was at a loss for what to do. Our special time was no longer special.

Wanna know what the answer is? The white flag to the battle of the bath? LEGO.

Picture from Flickr. Click for Original source.
All little kids (well most I assume) love LEGO. So I grabbed a bucket full, headed to the bathroom and started filling the tub with water.

I did not ask my son to join me. I just made sure that he saw me take the LEGO.

Within minutes curiosity got the best of him and he made his way to the bathroom to see what I was doing with his beloved toys.

As soon as he got in there I dumped the bucket of LEGO into the tub. Julius was thrilled and started to take off his clothes, excited to play with his LEGO in the bath.

We have not had a battle of the bath since. Thank goodness for that!

One a completely different note.. want the free valentines printable that you see below? Head over to Sommerfugl Design today to download it.


Follow Who? Social Weekend Hop

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lovely, thanks for droppin by my blog. Ooooh, I'm in love with ya pretty blog & awesome pictures.
    Stay in touch!

    xoxo
    Rena @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    ReplyDelete